Compiling syrthes4 tools?

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Claws

Compiling syrthes4 tools?

Post by Claws »

Im trying to install syrthes4, which I just downloaded from the website. Installation finishes (have to correct hdf5 lib64->lib) but I can't compile the tools needed to convert MED/UNVetc to .syr:

Code: Select all

claus@linux:/opt/syrthes4.0.1/src/syrthes-tools/convert2syrthes4/src> make MED=yes
mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
gcc -o /opt/syrthes4.0.1/arch/Linux_x86_64/bin/convert2syrthes4 -O3 -D _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_SYRTHES_MPI_ ../../../../build//*.o  -L /opt/syrthes4.0.1/extern-libraries/opt/med-3.0.3/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib -L/opt/syrthes4.0.1/extern-libraries/opt/hdf5-1.8.7/arch/Linux_x86_64/lib -lmedC -L. -lm
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.6/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lmedC
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [exe] Error 1
claus@linux:/opt/syrthes4.0.1/src/syrthes-tools/convert2syrthes4/src>
Any tips?

Very excited about the new syrthes4 and CS3 btw - I need to create a coupled simulation soon, so I better get back into shape :)

/Claus
Claws

Re: Compiling syrthes4 tools?

Post by Claws »

D'oh! med/lib64 -> lib fixed THIS problem.

I ended up running the installation and while the compilation was running, linked med/lib64 to lib - that automatically installed the tools.

Code Saturne has the same problem with 'lib64' needing to be linked to 'lib' :)

/C
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

We have encountered similar issues in the past (on SUSE SLES systems if I remember correctly), but not recently, so it seemed changes we had made were sufficient.

This depends on the OS, its default search paths, and possibly (for the latter), the fact that multilibs or possibly matching defaults are installed or not.

You did not mention your OS, so I can't say guess at much more.

Regards,

Yvan
Claws

Post by Claws »

OpenSuse 12.1 :)