Setting pressure

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
lespagnoldu-78

Setting pressure

Post by lespagnoldu-78 »

Hello,

I am modeling a turbine and i try to set a pressure in usclim.f90 file.
How can i modify the pressure inlet please ?

Thanks.
Claws

Re: Setting pressure

Post by Claws »

A real clear and concise, step by step guide/tutorial/whatever on this particular subject for real dummies (such as myself), would be very much appreciated ;)

/C
Bruno Audebert

Post by Bruno Audebert »

Hello

Could you be more specific on your initial demand?
Do you want to impose a pressure gradient in your domain, do you want to impose a constant pressure at the outlet or at the inlet, ...?

Best regards.
lespagnoldu-78

Post by lespagnoldu-78 »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, i want to impose a constant pressure at the inlet.
If you have any solution, don't hesitate.

Best regards.
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

You may find some posts relative to this searching in the "old forums" archive, but this is not trivial in Code_Saturne:

Remember that the code is mainly intended for incompressible flows (the compressible module is still somewhat experimental), and so the pressure is a potential, whose absolute value has no importance, but whose differential is important. It is not a "thermodynamic" pressure.

So for example if you prescribe a pressure at the inlet and a free outlet, nothing much will happen. If you prescribe a velocity at either the inlet or outlet, and use a free inlet/outet condition for the other, you will have a "regular" calculation.

To prescribe a pressure differential ant let the velocity "adapt", using a velocity source term is the usual means with Code_Saturne.

Again, you may find some additional examples in the old forum, but just "prescribing a pressure at the inlet" without telling us anything about your other boundary conditions will not help us help you...

Regards,

Yvan