Star-ccm+ mesh format import in code_saturne.

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Chebli Rezki

Star-ccm+ mesh format import in code_saturne.

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hello, I use Star-ccm+ to create an hydrofoil geometry. I tested two mesh models, polyhedral and tetrahedral mesh. 1- I exported mesh file under Star-ccm+ format (.ccm) (user guide page-19), when I checked the mesh from GHI Saturne,  I had this message:           ecs_pre.c:385: Erreur fatale.           Le format de fichier "STAR-CCM+" n'est pas disponible dans cette installation (fichier "/home/rezki/java_hydro/saturne_java_layer/java_test/MESH/java_hydro.ccm"). 2- I tried to export mesh under Ensight Gold format (.case), I had an error message (file attached in: https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/general-usage/778113949). and I don't find groups (parts) which I created in Star-ccm+. Please which is format that I should to use. (.ccm or .case) and and why I don't find the parts created in Star-ccm+ ? When reorient manually badly oriented cells, how take this correction in count by code ? Thank you in advance. Best regards

rezki
Attachments
mesh_quality.txt
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Yvan Fournier

Re: Star-ccm+ mesh format import in code_saturne.

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Most of the explanations are given in the following thread: https://code-saturne.info/products/code-saturne/forums/general-usage/778113949

As for have the reorient command taken into account by the Code, you have the choice of setting
COMMAND_REORIENT=--reorient

in the runcase script or directly checking the "correct cell and face orientations" box in the GUI.

Best regards,

Yvan
Chebli Rezki

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hi Yvan,

I think that I have to install "libccmio" library and compile the preprocessor in order to ensure the compatibility with Star-ccm+ format  (.ccm).

It seems to be complicated but I try to do that.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.

Rezki
Chebli Rezki

Post by Chebli Rezki »

Hello,

May be that my question is strongly related to a configuration of the code Star-ccm+, but as I know that some of you already experimented this procedure, I like to post my problem on your forum.

I work with ubuntu 9.10.
I created my geometry and I meshed it using Star-ccm+ code.
To exported mesh under Star-ccm+ format (.ccm), I have to install libccmio library.

I have several errors during libccmio compilation, like the following error ( Illegal option: -YEXT_NAMES=LCS):

rezki@rezki-desktop:~/saturne/libccmio-2.06.019$ make -f Makefile.linux
make -C libadf -f Makefile.linux CC=gcc DEBUG=1 X32=1 clean
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/rezki/saturne/libccmio-2.06.019/libadf »
rm -f
rm -f debug/32/libadf.a
rm -f debug/32/libadf.so
rm -f ADF_fortran.o
rm -f ADF_fortran_2_c.o
rm -f ADF_interface.o
rm -f ADF_internals.o
rm -f all
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/rezki/saturne/libccmio-2.06.019/libadf »
make -C libadf -f Makefile.linux CC=gcc DEBUG=1 X32=1
make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/rezki/saturne/libccmio-2.06.019/libadf »
f77 -g -fPIC -m32 -YEXT_NAMES=LCS -YEXT_SFX=_ -c -o ADF_fortran.o ADF_fortran.f
/usr/bin/f77: Illegal option: -YEXT_NAMES=LCS
make[1]: *** [ADF_fortran.o] Erreur 255
make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/rezki/saturne/libccmio-2.06.019/libadf »
make: *** [all] Erreur 2

Please, any idea to resolve this first error.

Best regards.
Rezki
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Hello Rezki,

We have never installed libccmio on an Ubuntu distro. And as you may understand, mostly due to a lack of time, we are not very keen on helping users with installing software that is not directly related to Code_Saturne (be it commercial or not). Libccmio is indeed difficult to install, and its support in Code_Saturne is mainly proposed as a testing feature, as we rarely use StarCCM+ for our own needs.

What I could imagine is that the compiler found by the library is f77 whereas it should have been gfortran, and I do not know how to solve this. Please, ask someone who knows well Linux and has direct access to your computer to help you.

Regards,

David