Problem with the post-treatment in diplacement mode

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Stéphane Blanchet

Problem with the post-treatment in diplacement mode

Post by Stéphane Blanchet »

Dear support and users,

I activated the particle tracking module, as well as the post treatment in displacement mode for my simulation.  The problem is when I want to open deplacement.CASE, my post processor returns an error. Apparently, it can not find the value of "Time set" and can not open the deplacement.geo**** files.

I have seen on the "Issue tracker" page a bug related to the creation of the ensight file in the RESU directory, so I downloaded the attached patch and put the files in ncs-2.0.0-rc1/src/lagr, but I I got exactly the same problem.

Can someone help me?

I attached the deplacement.CASE file if it can help.

Best Regards,

Stéphane
Attachments
deplacement.CASE.txt
(593 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times
David Monfort

Re: Problem with the post-treatment in diplacement mode

Post by David Monfort »

Hello Stéphane,

Could you try with the attached (and slightly modified) deplacement.CASE ? If it doesn't work, could you post the output of a "ls -l" command in a terminal, so that we can list the different files ?

By the way, which post-processing tool are you using (EnSight, ParaView, ...) and which version ?

David
Attachments
deplacement.CASE.txt
(601 Bytes) Downloaded 181 times
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Ok... it seems you found a weakness in our post-processing output. Could you test the attached deplacement.CASE (forget the previous one...) ?

I've looked further and we have obviously forgotten to specify the time set number. As we never encountered a problem with EnSight, I assume that it uses a default value in case it is not specified. I will fix that for next release (2.0-rc2), probably released early next week.

In the meantime, I'm attaching a possible fix.

David
Attachments
enswaf.f90
(23.03 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
deplacement.CASE.txt
(595 Bytes) Downloaded 181 times
Stéphane Blanchet

Hello,

I tested the attached deplacement.CASE, it doesn't work neither. Actually it's worst, Paraview immediately crashes without returning me any error message, when opening the deplacement.CASE.

And the enswaf.f90 file doesn't seem to solve the problem, I have still the same problem.

But anyway, thank you for your help.

Stéphane
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

Which version of ParaView are you using ? I had some crashes when trying to use the animation mode for visualizing displacements (with version 3.6.2 IIRC). But, I was still able to load the case, the crash only happened later on.
Stéphane Blanchet

Oh sorry, I did not see the first message.

Here is the file list.

I use Paraview 3.6.2 for the post-processing.

Stéphane
Attachments
file_list.png
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

No problem! It seems everything is present in the directory...
Could you try latest version of ParaView (namely 3.8) ? It solved my issue with animations.
Stéphane Blanchet

Ok, but even with the version 3.6.2, I can't even load the case, it crashes immediately.
Anyway I will try with Paraview 3.8.
Stéphane Blanchet

I've just tried with the newest version of Paraview, I have still the same issue (it crashes when loading the CASE file).
David Monfort

Post by David Monfort »

It seems your result files are not too big, could you make a "tar.gz" or similar and post it so that we can test with EnSight on our side? I suspect that the EnSight 6 reader (used for particles output) is not correctly handled by ParaView...