Problem in running : Beginner user

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Debashis Basu

Problem in running : Beginner user

Post by Debashis Basu »

Hello,

I am in the beginner stage.

I have installed SATURNE 1.3.3 .

I am getting familiar with the tutorial problems.

I started to go through the T_JUNCTION problems and described in Code_Saturne version 1.3.2 tutorial. ( I couldn’t find any tutorial for 1.3.3 version).

After going through all the set up, as I give it to run in a workstation, I get the following message

Single processor Code_Saturne simulation

Code_Saturne is running

Working directory (to be periodically cleaned) :
     /home/dbasu/tmp_Saturne/T_JUNCTION.CAS1.12061611

Kernel version:           /home/dbasu/SATURNE-CODE/Noyau/ncs-1.3.3
Preprocessor version:     /home/dbasu/SATURNE-CODE/Enveloppe/ecs-1.3.3

Compilation of user subroutines and linking of Code_Saturne
/home/dbasu/tmp_Saturne/T_JUNCTION.CAS1.12061611/compil.log

COMPILE OR LINK ERROR

I am not sure how to decipher the error and how to judge what is the problem.

Also, kindly let me know how I can see the grid and the geometry domain for the problem.

I am attaching the lance file.

Regards,

Debashis Basu
Attachments
lance.txt
(47.56 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
César Vecchio

Re: Problem in running : Beginner user

Post by César Vecchio »

Hi,
The user subroutines are Fortran codes, so check the compil.log file as indicated (inside tmp directory) and see what's wrong. Although F77 syntaxis should be suported, many times it's good practice to write the code as F90/95, specially with newer versions of gfortran (at least I had some issues with that). Check also that only the subroutines you need are in the SRC directory and not outside nor in subdirectories. Remove also all other examples included in the sample Fortran files.
About the mesh and geometry, you can try visualizing it in Salome, Gmsh and perhaps Paraview. They are all free OSS. Results are better seen in Salome for MED files and Paraview or Ensight for EnSight files.
Debashis Basu

Re: Problem in running : Beginner user

Post by Debashis Basu »

Hello Cesar,
Thanks a lot.
I was able to successfully install it
Thanks and Best Regards,
Debashis
Previously César Vecchio wrote:

Hi,
The user subroutines are Fortran codes, so check the compil.log file as indicated (inside tmp directory) and see what's wrong. Although F77 syntaxis should be suported, many times it's good practice to write the code as F90/95, specially with newer versions of gfortran (at least I had some issues with that). Check also that only the subroutines you need are in the SRC directory and not outside nor in subdirectories. Remove also all other examples included in the sample Fortran files.
About the mesh and geometry, you can try visualizing it in Salome, Gmsh and perhaps Paraview. They are all free OSS. Results are better seen in Salome for MED files and Paraview or Ensight for EnSight files.