How to install CCMIO Library

All questions about installation
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Gabriel Axtmann

How to install CCMIO Library

Post by Gabriel Axtmann »

i guys,

I am very interested in Code Saturne. I installed in my computer the CAELinux 2011 pacakge, including the newest code-saturne version. I also want to compile the libccmio for analyzing Star-CCM+ files...! Is there any tutorial or explenation how to compile the library?

Thanks for help in advanc
Yvan Fournier

Re: How to install CCMIO Library

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,
The status of libccmio is not very clear, so we do not distribute it ourselves, but you may download libbmio 2.6.1 from the sites of several large US projects. If you are a CD-Adapco customer, you may also ask for a recent version of libCCMIO through your sales rep.
Code_Saturne should build either with libCCMIO 2.6.1 or with a more recent version, but it might not compile with versions between 2.6.1 and 2.6.19.
As libCCMIO does not seem initially designed to be distributed, its build system is not as automated as that of most free software, but the following page from the Mandriva Linux wiki provides detailed information: http://wiki.mandriva.com/fr/Code_Saturne .
The page is in French, but if you simply search for "ccmio" inside it, you will find the necessary commands.
Once libccmio is installed, simply use the --with-ccm=<libccmio_install_prefix> option to configure Code_Saturne version 2.1 (for version 2.0, the same option relates to the Preprocessor, or ECS component).
The automatic Code_Saturne installer does not handle libccmio, so you need to go through a manual install, though we now have detailed installation instructions for the code (not for optional libraries such as libccmio) as a pdf file.
Best regards,
  Yvan