Script Directory

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
GautierR

Script Directory

Post by GautierR »

Hello

I just begin Code Saturne this week , as a frequent user of Fluent, i would like to handle this software who seem very powerfull and Open source. But I have some trouble to lauch the computation. I use the lastest version running on Windows (I'm not a good user of any linux distribution).

I tried to do the first code saturne turorial about the Simplified nuclear vessel. I realized the mesh on Salome 7. And the mesh importation seem to be successful.

But when I try to select the script file in the default SCRIPTS directory, a warning message appears :
"Verify the existence and location of these files, and the 'Identify and Pathes' section"

This may not be the main problem since it's only a warning. But when i try to start the calculation, a blank window appears, but nothing more happens.

Thanks for your attention

Gautier
GautierR

Re: Script Directory

Post by GautierR »

I find a solution by starting the script directly from the windows console in the SCRIPT directory.

But I would like to know if it's an error from the GUI in windows or if I did something wrong.

Thanks
Yvan Fournier

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Does the warning provide the names of files ? If so, which files are they ?

The "blank screen" issue is independent : some people observe if on some machines (I have observed it a few times also), but it is not usually reproducible on our machines, making it difficult to debug so far...
It seems to occur more on Windows, but occasionally occurs on Linux, and might be due to a bug in Qt.

So your workaround (launching from the "scripts" directory) is the most "sure" known way to avoid this issue, although less comfortable than running from the GUI.

Best regards,

Yvan Fournier
GautierR

Post by GautierR »

The warning did not provide the name of the script file (runcase.bat). I tried to do everything like it's explain in the user's guide (expect that I'm in windows). But even if the software create himself the directory it didn't find them.

It's fine if you know how to launch in the windows console, and yes its seem more sure.

Thank you for your answer.

Gautier