Tutorial FSI

Questions and remarks about code_saturne usage
Forum rules
Please read the forum usage recommendations before posting.
Aurélien J

Tutorial FSI

Post by Aurélien J »

Context
I am beginning a Master Thesis about flow-induced vibrations of trashracks of hydro power plants. For this study, I wish to numerically simulate the vortex-induced vibrations of cylinders with different cross-sections. Code_Saturne seems adapted for this.

Problem
In the FSI tutorial found on this page, which would be very useful for me, a reference is made to the file mesh_viv.des (page 8). I cannot find this file, could you maybe help me?
Yvan Fournier

Re: Tutorial FSI

Post by Yvan Fournier »

Hello,

Sorry, tutorial meshes other than those of the "classical" tutorials (which are in the codes examples directory) are missing, and we need to add them to this website.

Some progress: I now know who last updated the tutorial. Hopefully, I'll be able to reach him next week and get a copy of the mesh. I'll keep you informed.

Regards,

Yvan
Aurélien J

Post by Aurélien J »

All right, thanks.

Up until now I've been playing around with the case found on this forum topic, but it's not exactly the same as described in the tutorial, so for a newcomer in Code_Saturne it's not super easy.
Vance-Turner

Post by Vance-Turner »

Has there been any update on these mesh files? I am trying to use the version 2.0 tutorial: "Fluid-structure interaction."http://code-saturne.org/cms/sites/defau ... action.pdf

Thanks,
Vance
Jacques Fontaine

Post by Jacques Fontaine »

Hello,

Here attached the meshes and files for the FSI tutorial.
Regards,
Attachments
FSI_Files.zip
(421.5 KiB) Downloaded 438 times